Minimizing our environmental footprint is a key priority for Solaris. We strive to go above and beyond the required environmental guidelines. Our goal is to undertake our operations in an environmentally responsible manner by integrating the protection of the environment into our everyday working practices.
We achieve this through the following activities:
- Designing, developing and operating company facilities with the goal of minimizing the environmental impact,
- Implementing procedures and practices to ensure the efficient use of water, energy and other resources,
- Responsibly managing the company’s waste,
- Providing education and training of best practices to foster a culture of environmental stewardship, and
- Regularly monitoring our environmental impact and adapting procedures and practices where required.
Solaris strives to efficiently use resources and minimize impacts to the environment in all our activities. Using proactive and robust monitoring programs, Solaris maintain a high level of knowledge on environmental impacts associated with our activities that are based on internationally-recognized best practices. These standards provide the framework for site-level management systems, which are tailored to ensure that each site:
- Adopts systems that ensure compliance with permits and other commitments,
- Adopts a consistent approach to identifying and controlling environmental risks,
- Identifies and appropriately manages their specific environmental aspects, and
- Tracks progress through audits and assessments.