Primary Infrastructure: Natural Cost Advantage
- 268km2 property, 40km north of Mirador mine (US$1.4B / 20 Mtpa), Adjacent to San Carlos-Panantza copper deposits
- Access road to nearby highway connecting Pacific ports, transmission lines, airport, skilled labour, fresh water
- Access to grid power (hydroelectric), adjacent Santiago G8 development (US$4B / 3,600MW)
Two-Pronged Strategy: Growth and Discovery
- In-Pit Inferred Mineral Resource at Warintza Central: 124 Mt @ 0.70% CuEq¹; Includes only historical drilling (2000-2001) to 200m depth
- >40km completed for updated resource at Warintza Central; All holes intersect long intervals, highest grades at/near surface. Deposit open and growing to east, north and south
- Major new discovery on first-ever hole at Warintza West; Open all directions, follow-up to establish size potential
- Major new discovery on first-ever hole at Warintza East; Open all directions, follow-up to establish size and connection to Warintza Central
- First-ever drilling at Warintza South, target 2x size of Warintza Central; 100% hit rate, zero misses within Warintza cluster
Summarized drilling for Warintza can be found here. A 3D model incorporating all Warintza drilling completed to date is available on the website homepage.
Extensive System of Outcropping Porphyries
Plan View of 7km x 5km Warintza Porphyry Cluster
Long Section of 3D Geophysics Looking Southwest
Long Section of 3D Geophysics Looking Northeast at Warintza South
Undrilled Regional Targets
- Three large-scale, gold anomalies from surface sampling at Warintza
- >0.5 g/t gold-in-soils across broad area, overlapping copper anomaly at Caya
- Geophysical survey identified additional blind targets to test
- Two additional gold anomalies at Clemente
Responsible Mining – Inclusive Approach
Community Involvement is Key to Warintza Success, Resilience
- Innovative approach: commitment to transparency, education and inclusion
- Government and community understanding of impacts and benefits of project
- Community involvement at each step, enhanced with capacity-building program
The Warintza Success Story
- World class discovery by David Lowell in 2000, sat largely dormant since 2001 due to a breakdown in social acceptance from local communities
- Extensive dialogue led to understanding root causes of conflict, resolution of underlying issues mid-2019; instituted an informed, innovative CSR program
- Government-Sponsored Prior Consultation process with community stakeholders and signed Impacts & Benefits Agreement in 2020
The Warintza Model
- Participatory mining model that promotes dialogue between State – Company – Community based on transparency, collaboration, and trust contributing towards the sustainable socio-economic development of the communities and project
- The Warintza Model, through the Strategic Alliance and its Board of Directors, contributes to the local development of the Shuar Centres in tandem with the project’s advancement, including investment in health and education, support for legal mining, environmental stewardship, promotion of entrepreneurship, gender equality, labor and human rights, security, and prospection and exploration activities
¹Copper-equivalence calculated as: CuEq (%) = Cu (%) + 3.33 × Mo (%) + 0.73 × Au (g/t), utilizing metal prices of Cu - US$3.00/lb, Mo - US$10.00/lb and Au - US$1,500/oz.
- The technical information contained on this webpage has been reviewed and approved by Jorge Fierro, M.Sc., DIC, PG, Vice President Exploration of Solaris who is a “Qualified Person” as defined in National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects. Jorge Fierro is a Registered Professional Geologist through the SME (registered member #4279075).
- The Warintza Mineral Resource estimate was reported in “Resource Estimate of the Warintza Central Cu-Mo Porphyry Deposit" prepared by Equity Exploration Consultants Ltd. with an effective date of December 13, 2019.
- The drill result disclosure on this webpage is based upon Solaris news releases dated Feb 16, Jul 7&20, Sept 7&27, Oct 12&25 and Nov 1&15, 2021.